- (865) 637-0203 (ext. 223)
Ida Elizabeth (Libba) Bond
Tennessee Supreme Court
Tennessee Court of Appeals
United States Court of Appeals, Sixth Circuit
United States District Court, Eastern District of Tennessee
University of Tennessee College of Law, Doctor of Jurisprudence – 1981
University of Tennessee, Master of Science, summa cum laude – 1977
University of Tennessee, Bachelor of Science, cum laude – 1975
Leadership and Recognition
Trial Advocacy Diplomate, Court Practice Institute – 1989
About Libba Bond:
Libba Bond is a founding shareholder of London Amburn. She has practiced law for more than 35 years. She began her career in Knoxville as one of a few female litigators. She has been instrumental throughout the firm’s history in recruiting and fostering professional growth for both attorneys and staff members.
Ms. Bond has counseled clients involved in medical malpractice, products liability and transportation issues. She enjoys the detailed aspects of preparing cases for trial, including expert witness selection and preparation, witness depositions, disease and outcome research, incident reconstruction, insurance coverage matters, and industry research and education. She is a diplomate of the Court Practice Institute, recognizing her achievement in trial advocacy.
Ms. Bond has been a key facilitator of London Amburn’s collaborative approach to client representation. Her role as a mentor and personnel advisor to others in the firm is highly valued. She co-chairs the Products Liability practices.
During her career, Ms. Bond has successfully defended physicians and other healthcare providers in medical malpractice claims and suits throughout Tennessee. She also has been an integral part of the firm’s 30-plus year representation as southeastern regional counsel for a major manufacturer of electrical products. She also has represented trucking companies and their drivers in cases arising in Tennessee. She has additionally represented employers in workers’ compensation claims and various businesses ranging from hotels to racetracks in premises liability suits.
Ms. Bond is a member of the Tennessee Bar Association and the Knoxville Bar Association.
- Represented and achieved successful resolutions for numerous healthcare providers and facilities in medical malpractice claims.
- Represented a major manufacturer of electrical products in litigation and claims throughout the Southeast.
- Defended trucking companies in litigation arising from motor vehicle accidents in Tennessee.
- Obtained favorable resolutions of premises liability claims against various businesses through trial or mediation.
- Worked with employers to resolve workers’ compensation claims and lawsuits.