- (865) 637-0203 (ext. 213)
Jennifer Pearson Taylor
Areas of Practice:
General Corporate and Business Law
Healthcare Board Investigations
Medical Malpractice Defense
Medical Staff Issues
Mergers & Acquisitions
Nursing Home and Long Term Care Defense
Tennessee Supreme Court
Tennessee Court of Appeals
Kentucky Supreme Court
Kentucky Court of Appeals
United States Court of Appeals, Sixth Circuit
United States District Court, Eastern District of Tennessee
University of Tennessee College of Law, Doctor of Jurisprudence – 2001
University of Tennessee, Bachelor of Arts – 1997
Leadership and Recognition:
Tennessee Bar Association, Leadership Law Class of 2011
Volunteer East Tennessee, Board of Directors, 2015 through 2020
Volunteer East Tennessee, Secretary, 2016 through 2020
About Jennifer Pearson Taylor:
Jennifer Pearson Taylor has practiced law at London Amburn for 17 years and is a shareholder in the firm. Her clients include individual physician practices, physician groups, hospitals and large provider-focused companies.
Ms. Pearson Taylor provides counsel to healthcare entities on the broad spectrum of business matters that they may face during their lifespans. These include issues relating to contracts, corporate structure and governance, mergers and acquisitions, real estate transactions and facility certifications.
Ms. Pearson Taylor also provides counsel to entities on employment matters, including employee recruiting, hiring, contracts and separation, and matters pertaining to EEOC, THRA, ADA, OSHA, FLSA and FMLA compliance. She has developed and provided training to employers on a wide variety of matters, including HIPAA compliance, corporate compliance and organizational operations. Additionally, she represents clients who face challenges relating to board licensure, and hospital or insurance credentialing.
Ms. Pearson Taylor values London Amburn’s team approach to client representation. She utilizes a detailed approach in her work and strives to ensure the counsel she and her colleagues provide exceeds the already high standards of her clients and their profession.
Ms. Pearson Taylor is a member of the Knoxville Bar Association, the Tennessee, Kentucky, Illinois and American Bar Associations, the American Health Law Association, the Defense Research Institute and the Hamilton S. Burnett Inns of Court.
She lives in Knoxville and enjoys time spent with her family and friends.
- Represented clients in many medical malpractice cases.
- Assisted with numerous mergers and acquisitions.
- Serves as outside general counsel to multiple healthcare practices.
- Provided representation on numerous peer review, medical staff and healthcare board licensure matters from initial inquiry through final resolution.
- Prepared, implemented and trained numerous corporate compliance plans, HIPAA compliance plans and employee handbooks for employers of various sizes ranging from two to 800 employees.
- Participated in many presentations on behalf of Knoxville Academy of Medicine, Knoxville Bar Association, National Business Institute, Tennessee Bar Association, Knoxville Area Medical Managers Group, Tennessee Medical Managers Group.